In case you missed the memo, today, February 16th, is National Pancake Day. Turns out it’s a holy day for my kids. I’m assuming yours too. And considering this past year we’ve all been through, our household has decided to celebrate AS MANY holidays and events as we possibly can (Our Every Day is a Holiday calendar has been super helpful in making that happen),
So, back to pancakes – my kids grew up on my made-up version of a super simple toddler banana pancake. And though daddy makes some AMAZING fancy pancakes (lemon, sourdough, chocolate chips, and nuts to name a few..), sometimes we just want to go old school. These little guys are super slim, light, and melt in your mouth.
The caramelized bananas make them super sweet. you can actually skip the syrup, or just sprinkle them with a tad of powdered sugar. Either way, finger-linckin’ good. Scroll down for the recipe!
… and for those of us adulting in the room, here are some fancy-pants pancakes you might want to whip up for yourself!
What are your favorite pancake recipes? I’d love to try them out!
Super Simple Toddler Banana Pancakes
- 1 Egg
- 1 Soft Banana
- 3 Tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Smash the banana into a smooth texture, mix in the egg
- Add the milk and the Creme Fraiche, mix well.
- Whisk in the flour and brown sugar.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Spoon batter into the pan. Let it sit until bubbles start appearing around the edges, flip and cook the other side
- Serve hot with fresh fruit.